If you’re planning to attend, or thinking about attending, one of our Advanced CSS Styling workshops in either Birmingham on September 25th 2009 or Newcastle Upon Tyne on October 30th 2009, here is the schedule for the event workshop to whet your appetite.
|8.30am – 9.00am
Registration & Breakfast
Register, get settled and enjoy a cuppa and danish with your fellow attendees.
|9.00am – 10:30am
- The browser landscape and how CSS is being developed.
- Web sites do not need to look exactly the same in every browser.
- The natural differences between browsers.
- How designing in a browser can be creative and the techniques and tools that make it possible.
|10:30 – 11:00
|11:00am – 12:30am
- New ways to work with colour using RGBa and Opacity.
- Using multiple background and border images.
- How to use text and box shadows.
- CSS masks fills, and gradients.
- CSS reflections.
- CSS transforms, transitions and animations.
|12:30am – 1:30pm
|1:30pm – 3:00pm
- Modernizr and how it will help you to design around browser support.
- Designing rather than hacking around browser differences
- Universal Internet Explorer 6 CSS and when using it is appropriate.
|3:00pm – 3:30pm
Tea, coffee and warm chocolate cookies
|3:30pm – 5:30pm
@font-face font embedding and typography
- Creating striking, readable type with typographic hierarchies.
- How to improve web typography with letter-spacing, leading and baseline shifts.
- Working with font embedding solutions including Typekit, Kernest and Cufon.
- Q&A and discussion.
|6:30pm – late
A chance to wind down, sink a few and socialize. Details about the evening's venue coming soon.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be inspired to find new ways of using CSS and how to use the most up-to-date CSS techniques. Places for each workshop are limited to thirty and prices start at only £275.00+VAT.
Register now for Birmingham and Newcastle Upon Tyne
I’m available for hire to consult on and design products and websites. Based in North Wales, I travel regularly to work with clients world-wide.
Available from January 2020