Here’s the skinny:
‘Hardboiled Web Design’ offers a fresh perspective on designing for the web — never compromising, always pushing boundaries. It strips markup to the bone and uses HTML5 and CSS3 to the maximum to help make your sites more adaptable to whatever the web might throw at them. Based on the highly acclaimed book ‘Hardboiled Web Design’ by Andy Clarke.
(Who writes this stuff?) Seriously, we are hosting four Hardboiled Web Design workshops in Birmingham, Edinburgh, London (in partnership with our friends at Web Directions) and Manchester.
With so many conferences and workshops about about HTML and CSS on offer, do you really need to go to another one? Hardboiled Web Design is different. It’s for designers and developers of websites, both large or small, who want to understand why and how to use the latest HTML5 and CSS3 technologies. Not tomorrow or next week, but today. You’ll need to be willing to leave your preconceptions at the door and be hungry to learn.
What you’ll learn
This workshop combines discussions, Q&A and practical sessions.
- What it means to be ‘hardboiled’
- Re-thinking progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
- The hardboiled web design process
- Making and presenting designs using a web browser
- Hardboiled HTML5 with microformats and WAI-ARIA roles
- Getting the best from CSS3 selectors
- Working with Modernizr and Selectivizr
- Making the most from CSS3 backgrounds and borders
- Two and three-dimensional CSS3 transforms
- CSS3 transitions and keyframe animations
- Responsive design with CSS3 Media Queries
At the end of the day, you’ll understand
- Why web browsers don’t limit your creativity
- That websites shouldn’t look, or be experienced the same in every browser
- How to handle older, less capable browsers
- That browser differences are creative and business opportunities, not obstacles
You’ll walk away with extensive notes and hardboiled HTML5 and CSS3 examples that are exclusive to this workshop.
Prices start at £299.00 + VAT for ten Early Bird tickets at each event and for attendees coming to the Web Directions @media 2011 conference (London workshop only). Book now to make sure you don’t miss your chance of a place as there are only 30 available per workshop. We’d love to see you there.