In the spirit of my Contract Killer, I’ve called this one “(Data) Protection Racket.” It’s yours to adapt and use for free, but if you like it, why not send me some money? (If you don’t, I promise not to set your restaurant on fire.)
This policy covers
- Why you value privacy
- What information you hold
- Where you store information
- What you use information for
- Who’s responsible for information at your company
- Who has access to information
- The steps you take to keep information private
Once again, My goal was to keep the language simple and free from legalese. After all, if you want someone to agree to something, they need to understand it first. I also wanted to share it so that other designers can use it too. I hope that you like it and please share your feedback and suggestions on how to improve it. I really do read every email and tweet.
Update: This policy is now open to contributions on Github.