I’ve worked with the folks at Web Directions for many years, so I could not be happier that they’ve invited me to keynote at their Respond conference on March 19th this year. I’ll be closing the show after some amazing speakers including Scott Jehl, Nabeelah Ali, Kris Howard, Simon Elvery, Peter Wilson, Yesenia Perez, Ben Buchanan and Felicity Evans.
Tickets to Respond start at $599AUD but don’t stop there. If you’re in Sydney for the conference, or even if you’re not, join me for a full day CSS3 For Responsive Web Design workshop in Sydney on March 20th. (More details about what we cover on the day in just a minute.)
Workshopping in Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth too
Even if you can’t make it Respond in Sydney, I’ll ask be hosting my CSS3 For Responsive Web Design workshop Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth in March too!
- Melbourne, March 25th. This is ideal if you’re in Melbourne for CSSConf Australia 2015 as my workshop is the day before that conference.
- Brisbane, March 27th
- Perth, March 31th
Tickets for each workshop cost just $599AUD and you can buy yours here. My last two Australian workshop tours have sold out, so although I know everyone says it, you really should buy yours soon.
CSS3 For Responsive Web Design
In this popular, updated full-day workshop you’ll learn how to make the most of the latest CSS3 modules so that your websites and applications will be faster and more flexible.
In just one day, I’ll teach you how to:
- Use table display properties to rearrange content
- Create cross-browser layouts using Flexible Box Layout (Flexbox)
- Implement magazine-style layouts using CSS3 Shapes
- Improve typography using Multi-column Layout
- Make the most of tiny bitmaps with border images
- Use CSS3 filters and blend modes for creative effects
Andrew Clarke is a designer at Stuff and Nonsense, author and speaker who’s known for his design work and contributions to the web design industry. Over the last sixteen years, he has made designs for his clients and written two books, Transcending CSS and Hardboiled Web Design. Andrew has given over 50 conference presentations and hosted workshops and training events for web professionals all over the world.