I wanted this series of Art Direction for the Web video courses to be entertaining and informative. I was lucky to be introduced to a talented young filmmaker, James Capdevila, who succeeded in making these videos reflect my personality and enthusiasm for art direction on the web.
Over the next few months, I’m working on four, hour-long Art Direction for the Web video courses, including:
- Art Direction for the Web (this course)
- Art direction and layout
- Art direction and typography
- Art direction and images
Art Direction for the Web video course
This first hour-long Art Direction for the Web video course includes advice on:
- Understanding art direction
- Brand values and art direction
- Deciding your design principles
- Audience personas and user stories
- Designing a customer journey
- Deciding how you want people to feel
- Art-directing experiences
- Conclusion and next steps
This first Art Direction for the Web video course will be available soon via Skillshare and other platforms or to buy directly from me. My Art Direction for the Web book will be published by Smashing Magazine in October and pre-orders will open soon.
I’m very pleased with this first video course on Art Direction for the Web and I hope you like it too.
Could you or your team benefit from knowing how to use art direction to improve your product or website? My in-house training and workshops can help.